logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] don't route through highway=construction

From Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com on Tue Oct 13 16:37:04 BST 2015

Gerd Petermann <gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com> writes:

> The clause setaccess=no will not work if the way has a tag like vehicle=yes or foot=yes,
> as it only sets the mkgmap:* tags.

That's an interesting point.

In the US, it's almost 100% true that a highway=construction is also
more or less marked as "no trespassing".  So
  highway=construction foot=yes
sounds funny to me.  Highways under construction are scary places with
heavy equipment and large amounts of dirt are moved around all the
time.  I would expect to get maybe almost arrested if walking in one, or at
least told to get out and stay out.

But if there were a highway project that was unusable by cars and people
really were allowed to walk on it, then that could make sense, and I
could see it being added to routing with car=no and foot=yes.

(If the road is usable, then it isn't highway=construction.)

Are there really situations like that (as opposed to a path alongside
the construction)?    I am asking because if it's just that
'highway=construction is completely ignored for routing' is good enough,
it's probably easier.