logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] don't route through highway=construction

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sun Oct 11 11:00:23 BST 2015

Hi Ben,

quite difficult. My understanding is that a road should have something like access=no if the
construction work means that the road is closed. If the road is open for traffic it probably
means something like surface=unpaved and descreased maxspeed, but not access=no .
So, I'd rather add "set upaved=yes" to the rule.

Gerd

Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2015 19:29:05 +0200
From: ben at bagu.org
To: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Subject: [mkgmap-dev] don't route through highway=construction

Hi,

A while ago a user reported that they were being routed through a closed highway. The highway in question was marked as highway=construction. What's the best way to ensure that you don't get routed through the path that's created in the default style when a way is marked as highway=construction? I'm not able to test this easily because the highway is now back in service.

I've attached a patch that adds access=no to the highway=construction rule. Is this a good way to prevent routing through highway=construction roads?

Thanks, Ben