logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] highway=razed

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri Sep 18 08:08:57 BST 2015

Hi Andrzej,

I think 1st I wanted to point out that the "mop up" rule
should be removed, it is likely to produce wrong routing.
I found it because in my area a motorway replaced a primary
road and that primary road is now mapped with highway=razed,
e.g. here
http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/366288074

It also mops up all kinds of typos and undocumented tagging, e.g.
highway=traffic_island.

Regarding area=yes:
I understand that we don't want to add those highways to NOD,
at least not until mkgmap is able to calculate direkt ways through
an area. On the other hand, the rule
railway=platform [0x16 road_class=0 road_speed=0 resolution 23]
is likely to do that. I guess it is okay here because we make sure that
railway=platform is pedestrian only?

Gerd