logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Wierd routing problem

From John Aldridge jpsa at jjdash.demon.co.uk on Tue Aug 18 17:55:44 BST 2015

OK... that worked out fairly well. I'm now using a slightly tweaked
version of the default style supplied with mkgmap, and getting good
results.

I still think there's something strange going on with routing, though,
perhaps with the new version (4.5.0) of BaseCamp. This area of the map

  http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=17/52.27095/0.29622

now renders like this

  http://www.jjdash.myzen.co.uk/temp/reach0.png

in BaseCamp, and I can plan a route

  http://www.jjdash.myzen.co.uk/temp/reach2.png

which is fine, until I allow the use of unpaved roads, at which point
BaseCamp inserts a completely pointless loop into the route!

  http://www.jjdash.myzen.co.uk/temp/reach1.png

--
Cheers,
John