logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] sharp angles and routing

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Tue Aug 11 10:39:46 BST 2015

Hi Felix,

can't believe that Garmin ignores it, can you prove that with the default style?
If not I assume that you create multiple arcs and one allows cycling.

Gerd

To: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
From: extremecarver at gmail.com
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 11:31:35 +0200
Subject: Re: [mkgmap-dev] sharp angles and routing

    okay - sounds great...

    (as new devices do not really mind mkgmap:bicycle=no it does not
    matter so much anymore - I'm only setting pedestrian restrictions
    different to all others for my maps )

    On 11.08.2015 10:57, Gerd Petermann
      wrote:

      Hi Felix,

        My current approach is to evaluate the results of the style, so
        it is up to the author to decide what

        a pedestrian-only way is.

        Another point is that we don't need the check for ways which
        can't be accessed

        by bike. I am aware that these checks must be ignored when a
        special cycling

        map is created (or any other special map, we just have to find
        out meaningful

        option names)

        I am trying to produce test data to find out in what case Garmin
        prefers a small detour,

        this should help to find concrete rules.

        Gerd