logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Numbering loss in the version which came after the r3602

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Tue Jul 21 09:14:05 BST 2015

Hi Alexandre,

if the problem is still open, please post the files again.

Gerd

Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 15:20:26 -0300
From: alexandre.loss at gmail.com
To: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
CC: Adm_Tec_Tracksource at googlegroups.com
Subject: [mkgmap-dev] Numbering loss in the version which came after the	r3602

Hi Gerd,
Since yesterday we (a group that compiles maps in Brazil) begin to see some loss of numbers in some of our maps.As we had never had this problem before, I suspected that the error could have been introduced in some recent version of mkgmap. So, I restored some old releases for testing and I found that the numbering were generated correctly until release 3602 as seen in the image below in the white-box ("390 Rua Porto Alegre"):
Snapshot taken form MapSource of a map compiled wiht mkgmap r3602

Using the same source osm file, the numbering is lost in the street "Rua Porto Alegre" (for example), if the map is compiled with any newer release of mkgmap than 3602. The snapshot bellow was taken from a map compiled with release 3616::
Snapshot taken form MapSource of a map compiled wiht mkgmap r3616:

These compiled maps img are available for tests at the file sharing area:http://files.mkgmap.org.uk/download/270/03205200_r3602.img
http://files.mkgmap.org.uk/download/271/03205200_r3616.img

You can search for street "Rua Porto Alegre" to see the problem, but it problem can be found in other places too.
My guess is that the problem arose when housenumber2 brahch was merged to trunk.
If you need more information, please let me know.
Thank you.
Regards,
Alexandre