logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] option to omit road refs from index

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Tue Jul 21 09:12:21 BST 2015

Hi all,

okay, I'm back from a very nice and ofter very hot cycle trip to Greece now and will start to look at the
open issues.

I did not try the patch yet. If I got that right, the function is mostly useful
with the default style which adds the highway shield + name as a 2nd label,
and it is meant to reduce the index size, right?
My 1st aim would be to find an alternative for these style rules.

@Steve: Do you know how Garmin maps handle this case?

Gerd

From: mike at tvage.co.uk
To: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2015 20:26:39 +0100
Subject: [mkgmap-dev] option to omit road refs from index

Hi Gerd, please find attached a patch that adds a new option
--omit-highway-refs-from-index, that causes labels containing highway
shields to be omitted from the address index.
Please try and commit if you are happy with it. Note, I am on holiday for
the next week, so if it needs any changes, I will look at it when I get
back.

Regards,
Mike