logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] address search and road names with refs

From Andrzej Popowski popej at poczta.onet.pl on Thu Mar 19 13:39:29 GMT 2015

Hi Gerd,

there are two problems. First is if we should add road reference to road
name. Second problem is conditional - if we add a reference, then should
it be searchable?

On my map I don't add reference to name. I put reference in second label
if name exist and in first label if it doesn't. Merging both won't look
good on some nuvis, where shield graphics is extended to a full name,
see attached picture. This solution has a downside - only first label is
visible on a map and road references aren't visible in cities, where
street have names.

For second problem I would prefer that road number was searchable,
because this way you could find address as: B101, 117, Freiberg. Please
note, that putting reference number to a second label also allows for
finding this address, without multiplying results when searching for
proper street name.

I think choice of solution is quite arbitrary. Maybe we should gather
some opinions, before deciding about default style.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej