logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] address search and road names with refs

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu Mar 19 11:41:55 GMT 2015

Hi Steve,

thanks for the feedback.
I found several cases were the address search in MapSource did not work
as I'd like.
Not sure if the device works like MapSource.
The problem appears when a part of a road
inside a town gets a name like B101 Leipziger Strasse and another
one only Leipziger Strasse. If the first has numbers between 100 and 120
and the other from 1 to 99
and I am searching for address "Leipziger Strasse 117" in that town
I type 117 in the number field, my town name in the city field and
"Leipziger" in the street name field.
As a result I will find both entries "B101 Leipziger Strasse" and
"Leipziger Strasse" in the list of roads, and if I select
"Leipziger Strasse" I will not be pointed to the address which is
at "B101 Leipziger Strasse". With a number like 55 the problem
occurs vice versa.
If  I have multiple roads with the equal name abc , I see just
one entry in the list and the search will find the right road.

My understanding is that the ref should not appear in the road name,
but I have no idea if this is a problem in an index or not.

Gerd

Steve Ratcliffe wrote