logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] type numbers , again...

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Wed Sep 24 10:38:27 BST 2014

On 24/09/14 07:31, nwillink wrote:
> To me this is what I expected looking at various NT imgs.
> It might mean that POIs do have a maximum of 1FF only if 7th bit of subtype
> is not set?

I don't know much about extended types.  The mkgmap code says this for
extended points:

* type is written first, then subtype.
* type has no flags so its possible range is 0x0 to 0xff
* subtype has two flags:
   * 0x20 - has a label
   * 0x80 - has extra bytes after the label (describes marine buoy
lights etc)
   so the possible subtype range is 0-0x1f (as expected)
* There are no flags on LBL offset.

Of course there may be other flags we don't know about and
the possible range may not be fully utilised by any device.

..Steve