logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] type numbers , again...

From nwillink osm at pinns.co.uk on Sun Sep 21 16:26:24 BST 2014

 The latest impressively detailed manual tells us that:

If the type is not extended, it must be >= 0x0100 for a point,

I might be wrong but looking at the img structure I come to a different
conclusion:

 Non extended POIs have their 8th bit set to denote the possible inclusion
of a subtype.
If so I make the maximum for a non extended POI to be &7F and not &FF as
perhaps was implied?

'< 0x3f for a line, and < 0x7f for a polygon.'

Perhaps explain why non extended lines can't be &40+ ( ie bits used for
direction & length of bitstream)

Regards

nick