logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Splitter

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sun Aug 3 19:29:03 BST 2014

Hi Andrzej,

popej wrote
> I would like to get another option in splitter - a maximum size of a
> tile set in degree. I hope this could help in ocean areas, where usually
> a small island share a big empty tile with a continent shore far away. I
> would prefer separate tiles for islands and continent.

I understand. In fact, splitter is already doing something like that
when an area is very large: It tries to find a row or column in the grid
that has no nodes and splits at this position. This happens e.g. with
South America when you split with the default settings.
See checkForEmptyClusters() in SplittableDensityArea.java.

I see one problem: Splitter is not able to find out if a grid element
is empty because it lies in the ocean. It may as well be in a desert.