logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Name Substitution not correctly working

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Sat Jul 26 18:43:21 BST 2014

On 26.07.2014 19:00, Steve Ratcliffe wrote:

> Hi

>>> This seems to work for me.
>> Hmm, have you tried it out on China from Geofabrik? I copied the "Shì"
>
> I downloaded a small area around the point to gave directly from
> the OSM website.
>
>> Could there be a bug on Windows only, if the rule works for you
>> (assuming under Linux)?
>
> I suppose it is possible, but if the style file is not actually
> in utf-8 that would explain it. If the file is in cp1252 the
> character ì would look the same, but it would not work.
Okay - I used ANSI. Could there maybe be a check for this in the check
styles routine, or in general?
I do suppose that must have been the problem.

However - also if I open mkgmap default style-file I notice it is opened
in ANSI in notepad++ on Windows... I thought notepad++ uses reasonable
codepage without destruction like Windows own notepad...

I'll have a look on what happens now - after changing the encoding to
UTF-8 I get '.* ShxEC' shown - so well there might be some bug...

--
keep on biking and discovering new trails

Felix
openmtbmap.org & www.velomap.org