logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Name Substitution not correctly working

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Sat Jul 26 18:00:48 BST 2014

Hi

>>> 1. There seems to be a problem with Chinese Tonemarks...

>>> http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/244080668

>>> name:zh_pinyin ~ '.*Shì' { set
>>> name:zh_pinyin='${name:zh_pinyin|subst:"Shì=>"}'; echo "rule working" }
>>
>> This seems to work for me.
> Hmm, have you tried it out on China from Geofabrik? I copied the "Shì"

I downloaded a small area around the point to gave directly from
the OSM website.

> Could there be a bug on Windows only, if the rule works for you
> (assuming under Linux)?

I suppose it is possible, but if the style file is not actually
in utf-8 that would explain it. If the file is in cp1252 the
character ì would look the same, but it would not work.

I have uploaded the exact file I used to
http://files.mkgmap.org.uk/download/218/s.style
(Can be used as --style-file=s.style)
and the map extract: http://files.mkgmap.org.uk/download/219/map.osm

> Is there a possible different notation for ì that could be used?
> Unicodelookup.com gives:
> 0354 	236 	0xEC 	ì

Yes, that is the character I used, copied from the OSM file.

..Steve