logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] address search in Nuvi broken

From Paulo Carvalho paulo.r.m.carvalho at gmail.com on Sun Jul 20 13:56:52 BST 2014

Hi, Michal,

   I compile maps fof Brazil that also has street names with latin accented
characters.  Here are my global mkgmap params (taken from a build batch
script):

SET _params_globais_mkgmap= ^
--copyright-message="(c) OpenStreetMap Contributors" ^
--country-abbr=BRA ^
--country-name=Brasil ^
--process-exits ^
--name-tag-list=int_name,name ^
--preserve-element-order ^
--route ^
--housenumbers ^
--x-housenumbers ^
--adjust-turn-headings ^
--location-autofill=is_in,nearest ^
--remove-short-arcs ^
--latin1 ^
--generate-sea=extend-sea-sectors ^
--add-pois-to-areas ^
--add-pois-to-lines ^
--link-pois-to-ways ^
--poi-address ^
--pois-to-areas-placement=entrance=main;entrance=yes;building=entrance ^
--make-poi-index ^
--reduce-point-density=2.6 ^
--reduce-point-density-polygon=8 ^
--code-page=1252 ^
--merge-lines ^
--min-size-polygon=8 ^
--process-destination ^
--style-file=.\requisitos\cocar_style_file ^
--polygon-size-limits=24:12,18:10,16:8,12:4,10:0

     My address searches are working fine with 3314.

     Do you use a custom style/address file (or other style files)?  If so,
don't forget to replace mkgmap's default files when you upgrade.  This may
be a cause of sudden loss of functionality after an upgrade.  Mine has been
extensively customized to meet my country particularities.  So I always
have to replace the ones that come with mkgmap every time I upgrade.

     Do you enable the --keeping-going parameter?  If so, maybe an error is
occurring in between (administrative boundary pre-processing? Map tiling?)
and your IMG is incomplete.  I never enable it.

     BTW, I tested my map compiled with 3314 on a Nuvi 255W.

all the best,

Paulo