logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Unicode maps showing locked or not found on GPS units

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Tue Jul 1 08:14:54 BST 2014

On 30.06.2014 13:35, Andrzej Popowski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Garmin is changing something in their map locking system. I think this
> is connected with Unicode maps. Please check if original Garmin maps
> work with these device, for example Winter Activity Map:
> http://www.garmin.com/uk/maps/onthetrail#apps
>
> And please report any problem to Garmin support.

No problem for the free winter activity map. It loads on Edge 1000....
So only mkgmap created Unicode maps are showing up as locked...
I'll still report back if the maps using .typ-file also in unicode work
- but yes I doubt that this small change will make them work.

--
keep on biking and discovering new trails

Felix
openmtbmap.org & www.velomap.org