logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Distorted lines

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Tue Feb 18 09:59:11 GMT 2014

Hi Andrzej,

I've fixed one serious in the WrongAngleFixer that removed
lines without good reason.
With r3063 I've increased the max. number of passes to 20, as this
doesn't seem to require much more time.
The message "non-routable way xyz was removed" is now
only printed if the original way has different points in map units,
and now it is just a warning.

The algo is still subject to optimization, as it repeats trying
to fix errors where it can't. It is not as simple as the standard
algos like Douglas-Peucker, as it also moves points
to correct angles in favour of positional errors.
Up to now shapes are optimized with a much simpler
algo which doesn't move points .  The complex algo would require
that it knows all points of all merged(!) shapes, and that doesn't
fit well into the current chain of splitting and merging algos.

Gerd