logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Distorted lines

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Tue Feb 18 07:03:32 GMT 2014

Hi Andrzej,
>  > sorry, the 10% smaller size is also not intended, I thought you
>  > compared with trunk.
>
> I have compared with trunk, 3057 is current release.

okay, seems I was too tired yesterday ;-)

>  > The way 101876024 is an extremely small building, but you seem to map
>  > it as a line?
>
> Yes, I'm trying to create a light map for car navigation. I hope that
> building outlines are as usable as polygons but less taxing to device.

hmm, it will require more bytes because the closing point has
to be saved as well, and shape merge filter can't help as well,
but maybe it requires fewer cpu cycles for rendering.

I think for the given example it is okay to remove the way.
That leaves the question why you see "didn't finish in 10 passes, giving up!
"
messages.