logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mergeroads branch

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Thu Sep 12 19:43:29 BST 2013

> Okay I've worked through my way of all the new features/implementations
> needed for the mergeroads branch,
> but I get really stuck at the access treatment.
>
> It's basically impossible for me to implement it.
> I (and I know many other people using mkgmap do it too) often have
> conditions in the lines file, like the following:
>
> highway=path & tracktype=5 {set access=no}
>
> with the new notation that line becomes simply crazy:
>
> /(highway=path & tracktype=5) {set mkgmap:access:emergency=no; set
> mkgmap:access:delivery=no; set mkgmap:access:car=no; set
> mkgmap:access:bus=no; set mkgmap:access:taxi=no; set
> mkgmap:access:foot=no; set mkgmap:access:bike=no; set
> mkgmap:access:truck=no; set mkgmap:access:carpool=no }/
>

> So clearly a function "set mkgmap:access=no" is needed for the lines
> file that is afterwards reworded to the long line above....
> that would fit well with "set mkgmap:MODE=no" as proposed in the
> previous email.
>

> I won't be able to test the branch before the set mkgmap:access=no is
> implemented, because I simply cannot rewrite my style otherwise (it
> would mean that the character count of my lines file would double to
> triple, rendering the lines file very difficult to read).
>
> I think it's perfectly alright to move the current defaults of treating
> routable features into the style-file. It actually makes mkgmap
> behaviour much clearer, but there must be simple syntax which currently
> is missing.
>

> Felix
>

> P.S. I have currently 347 times "set access=no" in my lines file, only
> 10 or so before the first [0x??] so replacing that each time with/"set
> mkgmap:access:emergency=no; set mkgmap:access:delivery=no; set
> mkgmap:access:car=no; set mkgmap:access:bus=no; set
> mkgmap:access:taxi=no; set mkgmap:access:foot=no; set
> mkgmap:access:bike=no; set mkgmap:access:truck=no; set
> mkgmap:access:carpool=no"/
> is crazy.
>

> (it's too bad that garmin couples the layout to the routing. If we had
> complete separation from routing and layout - it would be much much
> easier and allow for much simpler lines files - sadly this is not
> changeable at all. In that case we could have a routing file, and a
> lines_layout file both completely independent )

Felix, you're welcome :-)
Getting such comments is the reason to implement and test these new
features in a branch.
I can easily add handling for mkgmap:access=no into the java sources.

That requires to cleary define an order the access tags are handled. The
order is defined as follows:

1. mkgmap:access=no
   => all access fields in the map are set to no
2. mkgmap:carpool=yes
   => all access fiels are set to no, except carpool, emergency and bus.
      The through route bit is set to no.
      This rule already existed in the java source code before my changes
3. In all other cases all mkgmap:* access tags are evaluated.

WanMil