logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mergeroads branch

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Thu Sep 12 05:55:43 BST 2013

Okay I've worked through my way of all the new features/implementations
needed for the mergeroads branch,
but I get really stuck at the access treatment.

It's basically impossible for me to implement it.
I (and I know many other people using mkgmap do it too) often have
conditions in the lines file, like the following:

highway=path & tracktype=5 {set access=no}

with the new notation that line becomes simply crazy:

/(highway=path & tracktype=5) {set mkgmap:access:emergency=no; set
mkgmap:access:delivery=no; set mkgmap:access:car=no; set
mkgmap:access:bus=no; set mkgmap:access:taxi=no; set
mkgmap:access:foot=no; set mkgmap:access:bike=no; set
mkgmap:access:truck=no; set mkgmap:access:carpool=no }/

So clearly a function "set mkgmap:access=no" is needed for the lines
file that is afterwards reworded to the long line above....
that would fit well with "set mkgmap:MODE=no" as proposed in the
previous email.

I won't be able to test the branch before the set mkgmap:access=no is
implemented, because I simply cannot rewrite my style otherwise (it
would mean that the character count of my lines file would double to
triple, rendering the lines file very difficult to read).

I think it's perfectly alright to move the current defaults of treating
routable features into the style-file. It actually makes mkgmap
behaviour much clearer, but there must be simple syntax which currently
is missing.

Felix

P.S. I have currently 347 times "set access=no" in my lines file, only
10 or so before the first [0x??] so replacing that each time with/"set
mkgmap:access:emergency=no; set mkgmap:access:delivery=no; set
mkgmap:access:car=no; set mkgmap:access:bus=no; set
mkgmap:access:taxi=no; set mkgmap:access:foot=no; set
mkgmap:access:bike=no; set mkgmap:access:truck=no; set
mkgmap:access:carpool=no"/
is crazy.

(it's too bad that garmin couples the layout to the routing. If we had
complete separation from routing and layout - it would be much much
easier and allow for much simpler lines files - sadly this is not
changeable at all. In that case we could have a routing file, and a
lines_layout file both completely independent )