logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Drive-on-left

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Tue Aug 13 10:04:12 BST 2013

Hi

> Btw.: If it's necessary to set --drive-on-left to get everything you
> need for such a map, then we can remove also the automatism, because
> everyone will set the param ;)

I'm in favour of removing the guessing. In addition to the problem that
it might be wrong because of bad data or two countries in the same tile
(the UK/France is particularly likely), the code is not thread safe and
so could cause extra tiles to have the wrong flag when used with --max-jobs.

I realise that it probably works 99 times out of a 100 or even more, but
when it does fail there is no possible warning or clue as to what
might have happened.

..Steve