logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] licence and copyright in overview map

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sun Jun 2 09:08:38 BST 2013

Hi Steve,

okay, after a closer look to the sources I know how to extract the copyright
now.
I still have a few open problems:
1) error: TreHeader.java lines 144 to 149 override the copyright section
which is
already read (correctly) in line 120. I think I have to remove these lines?

2) Order of lines :
The MapBuilder.processInfo() method adds the "--license-file data " in the
right order.
The help file says:
	Specify a file which content will be added as license. Every
	line is one entry. All entrys of all maps will be merged, unified
	and shown in random order.
AFAIK this "randomization" only happens when the data is added to the *.tdb
file?
If no "--license-file" option is used, a message is generated by
MapBuilder.processInfo() :
			mapInfo.add("Map data (c) OpenStreetMap and its contributors");
			mapInfo.add("http://www.openstreetmap.org/copyright");
			mapInfo.add("");
			mapInfo.add("This map data is made available under the Open Database
License:");
			mapInfo.add("http://opendatacommons.org/licenses/odbl/1.0/");
			mapInfo.add("Any rights in individual contents of the database are
licensed under the");
			mapInfo.add("Database Contents License:
http://opendatacommons.org/licenses/dbcl/1.0/");
			mapInfo.add("");

These lines make not much sense if they apear in random order.

3) Even worse results will be produced if a mapper combines *.img files with
different copyright or licence-infos.

Conclusion:
a) If we extract the info from the input files:
I prefer to keep the order of the copyright section and licence-info of each
input file.
If a mapper combines files with different values in these sections, each
different "block" will
appear once.
Don't know if it makes sense to combine data in one img file that was
created with differnt
copyrights?

b) if we use options --licence-file and --copyright-message for the overview
map:
Should we print a warning if any of the input files has different copyright
or licence info sections?

Gerd

Steve Ratcliffe wrote