logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter maximum tile size

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Fri Nov 30 11:32:32 GMT 2012

On 30.11.2012 12:08, GerdP wrote:
> Thorsten Kukuk wrote
>>> No, there is no limit for the maximum tiles size for now. Thanks for the
>>> hint.
>>> What is the limit? I guess it is not a constant, but depends on
>>> resolution
>>> and other
>>> values? Unfortunately the test data is gone and I didn't download it.
>> If you want to look at the problem, I can try to regenerate the
>> data again.
> I am not sure if the problem has to be solved in splitter or in mkgmap.
> Anyway, please try to reproduce it.
> I also like to know why mkgmap has problems with tiles that contain only
> very few nodes. Or is it the gps device that has problems?
>
> Gerd
>

> --
It's the GPS devices that have problems (BSOD). Maybe small tiles few
nodes are okay. But big tiles, nearly no nodes were definitely a problem
(as soon as two such tiles existed. A single tile didn't cause BSOD).

here is the archived thread about it:
http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/pipermail/mkgmap-dev/2012q1/014023.html