logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter r249

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu Nov 29 16:24:54 GMT 2012

Hi all,

I've commited r249

 - overlap defaults to -1, it is set to 0 if keep-complete=true, else to
2000
- using a bounding polygon forces no-trim=false. Splitter makes sure that no
holes are created within the polygon
- if using a bounding polygon splitter will not create tiles that cover
large parts outside of the polygon, still, tiles will be aligned and
therefor may cover small outside areas
- too complex polygons are rejected, esp. those that are not rectilinear

The split algorithm is now quite complex, I am pretty sure that I did not
find all errors yet, but it works fine for all workload that I have tested.
The performance is poor if you split large areas with very few points,
e.g. an ocean.