logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] POIs only in nearest list

From Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de on Thu Nov 29 14:25:18 GMT 2012

Hi,

don't remember anymore if this was already a topic here, I found
some similar reports, but didn't fully understand them.

I created a map of europe, about 911 tiles, containing only highways,
some very few landuses and cities as POIs.
The only errors I found in the log files are the usual area too small
to split ones.

The problem is that no city in the middle of the map can be find if you
search for them. But they are all visible on the map and in the
nearest list.

I saw this effect already for some POIs in the past with maps
like my DACH extract, but wasn't able to reproduce it.

I know that too many POIs can generate problems, but that already
the citys of europe should be too much for such a big map?

Is there already some experience where a limit is? And shouldn't
we warn for it?

  Thorsten