logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Suggestion for more flexibility in locator part of mkgmap

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Tue Sep 18 12:26:19 BST 2012

> Sorry for resurrecting this old thread.   Many rural villages, hamlets  (and
> even some small towns) are not administrative areas or have their own town
> council etc so administrative boundaries are not the best choice here to be
> able to assign addresses correctly.
>
> To make locator more flexible for assiging addresses, could it also be
> extended to also support the place tag?  eg
>   mkgmap:place:village  mkgmap:place:hamlet   mkgmap:place:locality
> mkgmap:place:suburb etc
>
> Thanks

How should mkgmap assign the mkgmap:place:* tags? Should it use the
nearest algorithm? In this case isn't it rather the same like using
location-autofill=nearest?

Can you please give a real example in which this helps? I want to
understand the idea.

WanMil