logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [Patch v5] LocationHook with new Quadtree

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Wed Jan 18 19:36:13 GMT 2012

Hi Gerd,

thanks for your further patch.
I have a question about it: I see that you measure timings with nano
second timer. I am quite sure that such accuracy is not given in such
time measurements and often lead to wrong results. Do you really require
that accuracy? In such a case I am sure that you can stop coding because
there would be nothing more to improve so that the total runtime
decreases. It would be just a matter of fortune.

I think the only reasonable indicator is to measure the sum of the
overall LocationHook timing for several tiles (>20). If that decreases
significantly there is an improvement.

WanMil