logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [Patch v5] LocationHook with new Quadtree

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Wed Jan 18 11:01:53 GMT 2012

Hi WanMil,

attached is the new version of the patch, now based on r2171.
I've invested a lot of time testing the result of LocationHook, I think it
is always as good or better than trunk.
I will now try to add the quadtree to the preparer.

Changes:
- build.xml with includeantruntime="false" to calm down ant
- added a few debugging aids and printout of complete runtime
- performance improvements in add() and merge() methods
- if a search in the nodes of the quadtree doesn't find the area, additional
searches are performed for points
  in the neighbourhood
- for ways, the mid point is searched first. If the search returns null, all
points are searched from the first one until a result is found. With my test
data, quadtree never returned null, so this last loop is probably only
needed when boundary data is very incomplete.

http://gis.638310.n2.nabble.com/file/n7199763/locationHook_speedup_v5.patch
locationHook_speedup_v5.patch

ciao,