logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] routing on new devices

From Chris66 chris66nrw at gmx.de on Sun Nov 20 15:19:20 GMT 2011

Am 18.11.2011 13:04, schrieb Minko:
> Interesting tests Chris.
> I wonder how this works out on Basecamp? I've noticed that using 'avoid carpool' the routing gets very unpredictable, but maybe because I don't use it in my styles.

In BaseCamp (v3.2.2) it's more or less the same:

motorcar/foot/bicycle=no : not working
motorcar=destination     : WORKING (so a good replacement for
                           motorcar=no)
avoid toll and avoid unpaved : working

mkgmap:carpool=1 + access=no : blocking car and bike

one difference I found:

oneway=yes is also restricting pedestrians on my eTrex20
BUT NOT IN BASECAMP !

My Test-Map:

<up.picr.de/8804526wxq.png>  ;-)

The right-side part is for testing the "avoid sharp turns" feature in
the Garmin routing algorithm. As you see it's still present.

Chris