logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mkgmap address processing question

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Tue Apr 26 07:18:00 BST 2011

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 10:06:59AM +0400, Charlie Ferrero wrote:
>Does mkgmap ignore addr:housename?  What about addr:full and
>addr:housenumber...?

addr:street and addr:housenumber works, but addr:housenumber=12-14
(meaning two adjacent properties on the same side of the street) becomes
"12 Apt.  4" or "12 Apt. 14", as far as I remember.

I have not looked at the code. If Garmin does not enforce the
"addr:housenumber addr:street" format, then I think that we should
replace the addr:* handling with something style-based, e.g.,

mkgmap:addrline1
mkgmap:addrline2
mkgmap:addrline3

Then, the style would set these lines to something meaningful. For
example, in many parts of Europe, it would be "addr:streetname
addr:housenumber" instead of the other way around. One possibility for
handling this localization would be derived styles, using the default
style as the base style. The localized styles would define the addr:*
translation rules and import the rest from the default style.

	Marko