logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] 0x10 for residential in default style

From Jeroen Muris jeroen at tweejee.net on Mon Feb 7 20:45:03 GMT 2011

Hello all,

At the moment, I’m merging my own custom style with the default, and I’m wondering about the use of code 0x10 for landuse=residential in the polygons file. Is 0x10 a standard Garmin code for residential areas? If not, isn’t 0x01/0x02/0x03 a better choice (0x03 is already in use for place=village)?

BTW: I hope to be able to switch completely to the default style and then fit my TYP file to that. When I’m done with that, is there any interest for that TYP file?

Regards,

J-----.