logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Replacing --add-pois-to-areas with an add_poi action

From Torsten Leistikow de_muur at gmx.de on Sun Feb 6 14:26:12 GMT 2011

Marko Mäkelä schrieb am 03.02.2011 22:36:
> > That would scratch your itch (I would use mkgmap:generated), but it
> would not solve the use case that I outlined above.

Yes, thats clear. We have to kind of "complaints" about the add-pois-to-areas
functions:

1. Some people wants to have sometimes the areas without an extra POI in the map
2. Some people wants to have sometimes a POI without an additional area in the map.

For the second problem there is a hack suggested, to use a transparent area.

My suggestion was only aimed at the first problem, to mark the automatically
generated POIs, so that they can be ignored during the points style processing.

In the end we all agree, that some kind of add_poi action rule would be very
nice, but there is probably quite some work required to implement such a feature.

Gruss
Torsten