logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Replacing --add-pois-to-areas with an add_poi action

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Fri Feb 4 07:15:22 GMT 2011

On 04.02.2011 08:12, Henning Scholland wrote:
> Am 03.02.2011 22:36, schrieb Marko Mäkelä:
>> On Thu, Feb 03, 2011 at 05:02:43PM +0100, Torsten Leistikow wrote:
>>> For some types this might be ok, but for some types I do not want the
>>> symbol in addition to the polygon.
>> For some minor map features, I would want only the symbol, not the
>> polygon. For example, mappers could start drawing bus stop shelters from
>> Bing aerial images. The shelters would be smaller than the Garmin map
>> resolution, and thus the POI would be enough.
> Did you try my "hack" with a transparent polygon?
>
> All in all I think the best would be an action in polygon-style for
> creating a POI.
>
> Henning

I often would like to have only Polygon, but no POI. transparent is
possible, but not nice, as at least on old GPS it slows them down....
A seperate style-file file would be best...

For me the reason to use add-pois-to-areas is that I want to be able to
find certain stuff via search function, but actually I would even prefer
not to have a seperate POI. As that is not possible AFAIK (searching for
POI that do not exist in the map but only some indexes - which is what I
really would like to have) - at least not have a myriad of POI on top
and a seperate file would be needed (twould probably for me cut the
number of POI from polygons by 50%).