logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Index Branch 1764

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Fri Jan 7 23:10:36 GMT 2011

> However on the good side, instead of a popping up crash notice, I get
> a regular (no error) pop up message: "the selected street is not valid
> in this map product, please select a different street".
>
> Using --code-page=1252 is still broke however for Umlauts, as the city
> is inside the index with an Umlaut, but the address without Umlaut. So
> you cannot find streets in cities (though for provinces or states
> Umlauts are fine now) that have an Umlaut, if you enter the city.
> (city without Umlaut is not accepted, and city with Umlaut will not
> find the address).
Here is a screenshot of the problem. Note Moedling on the address and
Mödling in the city field (city moedling cannot be entered, as it does
not exist): this is with --latin1 (and yes, --latin1 seems to work much
better than cp1252):

However there are some problems on finding bahnhofsstrasse too. Could
this be related to a bahnhofsstrasse that is inside the database as
bahnhofsstraße ???
If I use my old mkgmap version to recreate mdr and mdx, then the
following crash does not happen (on maps created with the index branch).