logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Index Branch 1764

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Fri Jan 7 22:46:24 GMT 2011

On 07.01.2011 22:22, Steve Ratcliffe wrote:
> On 07/01/11 20:32, Bennie du Plessis wrote:
>> I cannot get index branch to work
>> Is there any special options that must be switched on / off?
> Yes I should have mentioned currently it only works (as WanMil already
> said) with code page 1252.  I would use the option --latin1 instead though.
>
> ..Steve

Okay I just tried a map with --code-page=1252 but I could not find a lot
of streets that are found with the trunk.

However on the good side, instead of a popping up crash notice, I get a
regular (no error) pop up message: "the selected street is not valid in
this map product, please select a different street".

Using --code-page=1252 is still broke however for Umlauts, as the city
is inside the index with an Umlaut, but the address without Umlaut. So
you cannot find streets in cities (though for provinces or states
Umlauts are fine now) that have an Umlaut, if you enter the city. (city
without Umlaut is not accepted, and city with Umlaut will not find the
address).