logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Generate coastline - can we keep the coastline way?

From Toby Speight T.M.Speight.90 at cantab.net on Thu Mar 25 11:14:28 GMT 2010

0> In article <1269513322.30238.2 at x60s>,
0> Marko Mäkelä <URL:mailto:marko.makela at iki.fi> ("Marko") wrote:

Marko> I wanted to say that if you are always generating the same
Marko> region, it should not be that hard to enable the logging and to
Marko> work out from the error messages what the issues are.

Trouble is, it's on and off as people edit the map.  I use Coastline
Checker, but that's not always at the same date as my downloaded
extract.  For example, the error I introduced on Monday and downloaded
on Wednesday, didn't show up on Coastline Checker until Thursday
(today), so I won't pick the fix I've just applied until tomorrow
morning (if I'm lucky).

As I'm going away for the weekend, that's possibly too long a
turnaround time to not have a usable map.

Perhaps Osmosis can selectively update the extract from the server; I
haven't found a way to do that.

I'll look into enabling logging; last time I did, there was *masses* of
output.