logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r1268: Make all fields that are known to be variable size

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at googlemail.com on Thu Oct 8 16:45:58 BST 2009

svn commit wrote:
> Version 1268 was commited by steve on 2009-10-08 12:41:46 +0100 (Thu, 08 Oct 2009)
> BRANCH: mdr
>
> Make all fields that are known to be variable size
> configurable in the code to the size that they are meant to be.
>
> Record size fields are now set correctly taking into account the number of maps
> and everything else we know about.
>
> There is still a lot unknown in this area and very small maps just do not
> work.

I have just retested this version with my map of Austria.

Problems: State/County is still mostly wrong - even though POIs in the
area usually are attributed correctly (as seen under "Properties"!
Same goes for Cities

Address Search: Residential streets are not included, Tertiary,
Secondary and Primary are however. Also some other types are missing.
How is it determined which type to be included?

I have not retested, but with 1261 all big countries produced out of
memory mdr errors (Netherlands, Germany, France, Alps, UK --- all from
geofabrik, all others European countries worked allright)