logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Garmin Device Routing Options

From WessexMario wessexmario-osm at yahoo.co.uk on Sun Aug 16 11:37:14 BST 2009

Chris-Hein Lunkhusen wrote:
> I have written the mapping to this wiki page:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mkgmap/help/routing_options
> Chris

Delivery vs Truck

Shouldn't there be a subtle difference between Delivery and Truck?
As I understand it, Truck should allow routing THROUGH an area, whereas
Delivery should also allow routing INTO an area.
Each allowing or denying routing conforming to the UK motoring
restriction 'HGV - Access only'.
I can think of many instances where hgvs are only allowed into a road
network if they are delivering or gaining access to a property, but not
if they're driving through.

Mario