logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Garmin Device Routing Options

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Sun Aug 16 19:15:44 BST 2009

Hi Mario,

> Shouldn't there be a subtle difference between Delivery and Truck?
> As I understand it, Truck should allow routing THROUGH an area, whereas
> Delivery should also allow routing INTO an area.
> Each allowing or denying routing conforming to the UK motoring
> restriction 'HGV - Access only'.
> I can think of many instances where hgvs are only allowed into a road
> network if they are delivering or gaining access to a property, but not
> if they're driving through.

The Garmin access restrictions as we understand them are not as
flexible as the OSM tags. No through routing only works for cars, i.e.
you can have motorcar=destination but the more general case
access=destination or other specific cases like hgv=destination don't
work.

Cheers,

Mark