logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Template args + --net parameter results in default image name

From Matt White matt at redgum.com.au on Sun Mar 22 03:08:14 GMT 2009

I've just been updating my IMG creation process to use all the new mkgmap options (was running a pretty old version), and noticed a little bit of weirdness.

I'm using a template file to create some standard format maps, and if the --net parameter is specified in the template file, the first IMG file created gets the default 62340001.IMG file name, regardless of the other parameters such as map name. Using version r984.

Eg: Template File:

family-id: 3081
product-id: 2601
overview-mapname: 30810100
net
gmapsupp
tdbfile

# Following is a list of map tiles.

mapname: 30810101
input-file: VIC.osm.gz
country-name: Australia
country-abbr: AUS
region-name: Victoria
region-abbr: VIC

mapname: 30810102
input-file: NSW.osm.gz
country-name: Australia
country-abbr: AUS
region-name: New South Wales
region-abbr: NSW

(Five more file templates here)

Command line:
java -Xmx1024M -jar mkgmap.jar -c template.args

This builds a file set like:
62340001.IMG
30810102.IMG
... (next five files correctly named)
30810100.IMG
30810100.tdb

If the net parameter is removed from the template file OR the --route parameter is supplied, then all the files are correctly named.

I can live without the net parameter, but just thought I'd the issue up the flagpole...

Matt