logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Turn instructions

From Ralf Kleineisel ralf at kleineisel.de on Tue Mar 10 12:39:45 GMT 2009

Clinton Gladstone wrote:

> 0x09 and 0x08 are types for ramps. I believe this was discusse earlier
> in this list.

Do the Garmin line types influence the display only or the routing as well?
I had thought that for routing there is the "road_class".

Right now I am using:

highway=motorway      {add oneway=yes ; add bicycle=no; add foot=no} [0x01
road_class=4 road_speed=6 level 6]
highway=motorway_link {add oneway=yes; add bicycle=no; add foot=no}  [0x01
road_class=4 road_speed=3 level 4]
highway=primary                                                      [0x02
road_class=3 road_speed=4 level 5]
highway=primary_link                                                 [0x02
road_class=3 road_speed=3 level 4]

together with a selfmade TYP file.

Other motorway exits like this one:

http://data.giub.uni-bonn.de/openrouteservice/index.php?start=10.7965619,49.7377941&end=10.7883007,49.7405606&pref=Fastest&lang=en

work fine. Here I get the first turn instruction about 1.5 km before the
exit, then a "Keep right" and on the ramp a "Right on St 2763". Perfect.

The OSM tags look the same to me.

> Perhaps you could try it with the above changes in your styles?

I will try that. The problem is that I want more different line styles for
tracks and paths in my hiking map so I used some of the road types for that.