logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Turn instructions

From Clinton Gladstone clinton.gladstone at googlemail.com on Tue Mar 10 11:59:11 GMT 2009

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 11:45 AM, Ralf Kleineisel <ralf at kleineisel.de> wrote:

>> Most motorway exits and crossings give correct turn instructions on my eTrex
>> Legend. This one here is an exception:
[...]
>> The purple route line goes all the way through the motorway junction
>> correctly, but there is not a single turn instruction.

I have found I get more precise routing directions with the following
changes in my lines style file:

highway=motorway_link {add bicycle = no; add foot = no } [0x09
road_class=4 road_speed=3 resolution 17
highway=trunk_link {add bicycle = no; add foot = no } [0x08
road_class=3 road_speed=3 resolution 18]
highway=primary_link [0x08 road_class=3 road_speed=3 resolution 19]

0x09 and 0x08 are types for ramps. I believe this was discusse earlier
in this list.

I did not test your route in my eTrex, but I tried it in Mapsource.
The route, which usually corresponds closely with the directions on my
eTrex, looks like this:

1.	A3
2.	Get on A 3 and drive southeast
3.	Exit right onto ramp onto B 4
4.	Keep left onto B 4 ramp
5.	Keep right onto B 4 ramp
6.	ÄussereNürnberg	1.8 km

Perhaps you could try it with the above changes in your styles?

Hope this helps.