logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Problems trying to generate contour lines for France

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Wed Feb 4 08:42:10 GMT 2009

Hello Frédéric,

> Thanks a lot it works well now to generate the contour map file.
> I now have one .img file with the srtm data (343.1 mo) and one .img
> file wih the map of france (42.2 mo). But when I try to combine them
> with the --gmapsupp option, the size of the resulting file is only
> 358.9 mo and it doesn't display anything on my vista cx screnn while
> the 2 original maps (srtm and osm for france) display fine. Any idea ?
> I can share the files if needed.

I only started using contours yesterday so I am no expert but it works for
me - my etrex vista can display the contours and, also, you can
enable/disable the contours on the gps's map setup screen.

I use the shell script below to generate my .img file (obviously, your
names and map numbers will vary). Notice that I give the transparent and
draw-priority options when making the contour .img.

I hope this is useful,

Mark

---------------------

#!/bin/sh

USE_CONTOURS=1

set -x

java -enableassertions -jar ~/OSM/mkgmap.jar \
 --code-page=1252 \
 --country-name="UNITED KINGDOM" --country-abbr=GBR \
 --description="Around Malpas" \
 --family-name="Burto Maps" \
 --ignore-osm-bounds \
 --latin1 \
 --net \
 --product-id=6324 \
 --style-file=mkgmap-burto-style \
 --road-name-pois \
 local-area.osm

IMGFILES=63240001.img

 if [ $USE_CONTOURS -ne 0 ]; then

java -enableassertions -jar ~/OSM/mkgmap.jar \
 --code-page=1252 \
 --description="Contours" \
 --family-name="Burto Maps" \
 --ignore-osm-bounds \
 --latin1 \
 --style-file=mkgmap-burto-style \
 --transparent \
 --draw-priority=30 \
 50000000.osm.gz

IMGFILES="$IMGFILES 50000000.img"

fi

java -enableassertions -jar ~/OSM/mkgmap.jar \
 --code-page=1252 \
 --description="Around Malpas" \
 --family-name="Burto Maps" \
 --latin1 \