logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Names and relations (multipolygons)

From Volker Bosch volker.bosch at t-online.de on Mon Jan 26 20:20:49 GMT 2009

Hello Steve,

thanks for your feedback!

You wrote:
> I must admit that I was not testing for the case of 'name', or indeed
> multipolygon relations.  Both name and multipolygons are special cases
> in the code.

Okay, understood. I tried to set another tag in the style/relation file:

  type=multipolygon { apply { set mapthisto=ocean; } }

and wrote the following code into the style/polygon file:

  natural=water & mapthisto=ocean {name '${name} (See)' | 'See' } [0x28 resolution 14]

but mkgmap did not use polygon 0x28 for that lake. So the problem might lay
in the multipolygon code.

Thank you very much & cheerio,

Volker

P.S.: I like mkgmap very much! It's great fun to adjust the osm data to my
special purpose, a garmin map for cycling. Especially new style feature
gives me lots of new options. Great work, thanks a lot!

*\Viele    --     Volker Bosch,  Humboldtstr.21, 70771 Leinf.-Echterdingen
**\ Gruesse  --     Tel:(0711)713967,  E-Mail: volker.bosch at t-online.de
***\           --       http://www.s-line.de/homepages/bosch