logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] --Style-file -> Could not open Style

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.demon.co.uk on Tue Nov 18 23:36:53 GMT 2008

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 11:15:07PM +0100, Felix Hartmann wrote:
> Hello, I am unable to get the new style-file option to work.
> I first processed my old map-features.csv with style.py into the new format.
> Then I tried basically everything possible to get it working, but I
> allways get "Could not open style-file mtb.zip" or "Could not open
> style-file d:\mtb.zip"
> Is this option really working? If yes please give an example of where
> and how to store the 3 files (POI,Polylines,Polygons) and how the
> respecting command should look like.

Yes it really works.  How are the files packed into the .zip?

The files should be at the top level in the zip, without any directory
part.  (This is a bug, because it is meant to find the first style even
if it is in a directory, so I will fix that).

I've placed a working one at: http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/code/base.zip
You can download it, or just use it directly with:

  --style-file=http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/code/base.zip

If you do have a directory in the zip then you can give the --style option
as well to select it.

eg. if you have

mtb/version
mtb/lines
mtb/polygons
etc...

in your mtb.zip you can say --style-file=d:\mtb.zip --style=mtb.

You can also point the --style-file directly at a regular
folder that contains the files so you don't have to zip them up - good for
testing.

This probably needs documenting better too.

..Steve