logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Error processing tile

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sat Jun 3 10:09:47 BST 2023

Hi Ticker,

thanks for the patch. Some unit tests need changes. Please check if my changes are plausible. Something might be wrong on my system because SimpleRouteTest failed also without your patch.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Ticker Berkin <rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk>
Gesendet: Freitag, 2. Juni 2023 17:47
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Error processing tile

Hi Gerd & Carlos

I've found the problem and attach a patch which reduces the Subdivision
line limit to 254.

Subdivisions/areas have a set of limits, one of which was <= 255 lines.
These lines can be of any type including roads. When --route, a
reference to each line/road part is created, but these are numbered
from 1, so the 255th line in a SubDivision is numbered 256 as a road
segment and this can't be represented as a byte in the NET structures.

It looks like this problem has always been there, but is most likely to
manifest itself in areas with mostly roads.

Ticker