logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Ferry line routing issue

From Ticker Berkin rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk on Thu Jun 1 10:50:16 BST 2023

Hi

Things to check:

Have you set 'allow tolls' on your routing options - most ferries cost.

Ferry ports can have complicated road systems with barriers, gates,
one-way systems, service roads, parking/holding lots etc; it can
require very careful checking to see that there is a valid route
through from the public road system to the actual ferry.

It is highly likely roads in the port will be road_class 0 or 1 and
Garmin routing doesn't like using lower class roads in the middle of a
route.

A while ago I tried all of the above to get a particular ferry route
working and I failed; getting route calculation error on the device or
straight line on Basecamp/Mapsource.

I also tried changing the ferry types from 0x1a/0x1b (which trigger
boarding type instructions on the device) to a standard road type and
this didn't make any difference. I was at a loss and gave up.

I do get some other ferry routes working for me.

Ticker