logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Multiple pass cleanup possible with style?

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri Jul 22 20:24:48 BST 2022

I am pretty sure that you don't understand the meaning of the special tags.
Your style tells mkgmap which ways are roads. So, only after passing all
OSM ways through your style mkgmap can calculate the road network and
only at this time it is possible to detect unconnected or "semi-connected" roads
and use the value of the special tags to decide what to do with special cases.

My understanding of your text is that you expect the special tags to contain an
information like "this OSM way is connected to the road network" but that's not the
case. The program mkgmap reads the variables, it doesn't set them.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von blc <blc+mkgmap at mail.vanade.com>
Gesendet: Freitag, 22. Juli 2022 21:00
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Multiple pass cleanup possible with style?

I've used the mkgmap:set_unconnected_type and
mkgmap:set_semi_connected_type to delete already one- and no-connnect ways
in the OSM data, and that has been helpful, but sometimes I delete ways
that are connected both ends, with the implication that something now
that used to be connected on both ends is connected only on one end now,
and something else that was connected on one end may now be not connected
on either end.

I think a specific use case is that I find a 2-connect low priority way
(like service=driveway) that passes through a private building or is very
short.  Ideally I would like to simply delete all of them but this is
just a heuristic to reduce file sizes.  Anyway, I delete that way, but
that way continues on connected to something else, but now that way is
newly 1- or 0-connect, and I want that removed too.  Of course there are
two halves left when removing a 2-connect way, but it should be easy
enough to determine the lower class way (another driveway) is the one that
should also be trimmed.

(One exact issue is that someone has a loop driveway with both ends
connected to a residential road, and the loop driveway has an offshoot.
Removing the driveway would leave the offshoot dangling -- originally one
connect, now zero connect due to deletion of the loop -- and that I would
also like to remove.)

Is something like this possible?

On Fri, 22 Jul 2022, Gerd Petermann wrote:

> Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 15:35:43 +0000
> From: Gerd Petermann <gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com>
> To: Development list for mkgmap <mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk>
> Subject: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Multiple pass cleanup possible with style?
>
> Hi,
>
> not sure what exactly you want to do, but I think the special tags mkgmap:set_unconnected_type and mkgmap:set_semi_connected_type
> help to solve your problem.
>
> With thoe you can define that a road should be removed or just be rendered as a non-routable line if it is not connected to other roads or
> only connected to one other road.

WARNING: All HTML emails get auto deleted.  DO NOT SEND HTML MAIL.
WARNING: Emails with large typo counts/spelling errors will also be deleted.