logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Resolutions...

From Pinns UK osm at pinns.co.uk on Fri Mar 13 14:51:22 GMT 2020

Hi Gerd

Thanks for your reply

Yes, I noticed that level 2-4 is allowed as well.

Just going back  to an earlier problem,

using the default levels

levels = 0:24, 1:22, 2:20, 3:18

overview-levels = 4:17, 5:16, 6:15, 7:14, 8:12

a) I'm still a bit unclear about what happens if a resolution

a) slots in between two levels , ie resolution 19 will between levels 2
and 3

Will if always get rounded down or does it depend on the nearest level

ie

levels = 0:24, 1:22, 2:20, 3:15

resolution 17 will be plotted as level 3 ?

resolution 19 will be plotted as level 2 ?

B) the default style's lowest resolution is 10 in Polygons

and yet its is lower than level 8 in which case its rounded up to level 8

or does it automatically get assgined a new undeclared level 9?

Just realised 4b must get hard coded to the lowest level (0 ?)

Regards

Nick