logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] New branch for default typ file

From Ticker Berkin rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk on Fri Dec 6 10:35:27 GMT 2019

Hi Gerd

Looking at mkgmap.txt, neither 0x32 or 0x3d have a _drawOrder and so
the render priority is device specific but probably the same. So, if
the same and unless --order-by-decreasing-area is specified, either
could be shown on top in an apparently random way.

0x3d is given colour #F2EFE9

0x32 has:
CustomColor=Day
DaycustomColor:#4D80B3
Xpm="0 0 1 0"
"1 c #AAD3DF"

I'd avoid using transparent if possible (can only be done by creating
an 'icon') but it could be changed to have the same colour as you
suggest or just specifying _drawOrder.

There will probably be many other cases like this where whatever is
provided with mkgmap could be done differently.

I don't expect any one typ-file to be definitive and for any
experienced map generator to accept it fully, but rather having a set
of examples, with some tailored to the default style.

I doubt if anyone has created svn/branches/defaut-typ to be able to
experiment and comment on these, but once some examples are commonly
available, I'm sure they will be of use.

An enhancement that I'd consider useful would be a way of selecting
bits of typ-files from different sources. This could be by allowing a
list on the command line or an 'include' command within the typ-file.
Then having rules about how a duplicate object overwrites or combines
with the definition so far.

Ticker